PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many fail the PPL test?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 07:42
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice all,

I'll be doing my test out of Dundee, though I live in Aberdeen. Flying school here was a bit pricey, so even with a train to Dundee I'm saving a heap! (As I say to my girlfriend, the more I fly the more I save!)

Anyways, the main reason about stats was just interest. Like others, i've never met anyone who failed, and thought it was a bit odd. I know lots of people who failed their driving licence, was just curious as to the actual figures.

I'm actually more nervous about the mock test than the final one, as crazy as that may sound. My instructor doing my mock test is great, he really knows his stuff. He does however, have a manner that knocks my confidence from time to time. Although I'm prepared to have the list of things to work on, the way he puts things sometimes has made me come away from a flight a little deflated, and as though i've really majorly done something very wrong. 99% of the time I havent, its just seems to be his way, other students agree.

Unfortunately at the moment, if you want to book something like a mock test with a specific instructor, you'll be waiting weeks and weeks. Its a case of "a slot available? seriously? i'll take it!" lol. Maybe not that bad!

Anyway, thanks for the advice all. Feel free to keep adding the minor mistakes people have made on tests, maybe times you've thought you failed but passed?