PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson ALPA pilots to strike
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 04:33
Indianzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either Strike Or Get Off The Can

Hells bells reading this post sure makes a SLF uneasy about you guys "up the front".

I bet your parent company is making more money with these silly half day strikes etc than when you're operating normally.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again - your employer operates on MONOPOLY ROUTES. It must suit them fine to reduce the number of flights and cram all us "customers" into a ****ty 737.

I agree that you should be better paid and obviously there is a pilot shortage - if you don't like what's on offer with Air Nelson etc LEAVE!!

Or alternatively if you want to stay and fight - quit pissing around and STRIKE -but please make it a proper STRIKE.

Reading some of these posts makes me think that some of you actually believe that there is something special in being a "pilot" - there's not (Oh please no more tales of where would I be as SLF when something goes wrong and there wasn't a couple of super heros with big watches and small#### up front) - it's a fecking job like any other job.

You train for it and you do it presumably because that's what you like to do.

If you cant get the T&C's you want either accept what you can get, or go somewhere else - but whatever you do don't go into business - you wouldn't stand a chance.

Indianzz