PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR.........
Thread: QR.........
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 03:09
salamalikum2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway Bufe01:i think it's our duty to give you some(true) Advice before you come here:

-Be very carefull on the road, a four wheel drive investment is probably worth to save your live and your family in case you are smashed by an idiot driver with his powerfull heavy car.!
- you better choice the right slot to drive on the road (3...4pm is probably the "best" or friday morning).Just keep a eye friday approaching any major mosque,as people use to park their car on the right hand lane of the main road (police doesn't care).
-I recommend you the same slot for shopping,otherwise you may end up in a total mess,parking.....(the city is becoming oversaturated)
- Avoid any public toilet anywhere (shopping center,airport..), just disgusting!
-Hope you are not an F/O with kids,because Q.A. will only give you an appartment, you can look by yourself to rent villa, but when you will see the price, you will propably be chocked and will change your mind immediatly!
-School..well i hope you will not have to put your kids on a waiting list (i guess this is the last think you want).
-All public area(shopping center..) have been declared "non smoking area"...that's a very bad news..for ..non smokers.. as noboby respect the rule!Who cares!( but.. by the way don't try to have a cigaret during the Holy month Ramadan in the street or even inside your car..you will be in trouble!!)
-If you have some free time, you can go to the cinema and enjoy numerous violent, and blood bath movies(no censure for that,censure only applied on"litigious love"scene...),or a walk on the corniche: just make sure any accidental(indian,chinese..) spit ends up on your shoes or trouser.
-To be free and able to leave the country whenever you want you have to pay for it and need a multi-exit permit (..120U$/year).
-Hope your are not resident in Europe,as mentioned before,you will see your salary melting like snown in the sun(not betterV/S other currenecy actually) except U$.(personnaly i'm planning to leave next year.. hopefully; this devaluation of the Riyal doesn't make me laugh anymore!)
-probably i forgot a lot of think,.but don't forget..what i mentioned is 100% true...
For the rest just enjoy it..!
Cheers.

Last edited by salamalikum2; 18th Apr 2008 at 08:54.