PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 00:03
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
The cause of this Mr. Chinook, is that your management doesn't have detailed knowledge of that which they seek to manage. Therefore they design systems and procedures they way they think the system should work, not the way it actually works.

Any challenge by you will be dismissed as special pleading. Haven't you ever seen the knowing looks exchanged between managers when someone gets up and says "We've tried that before and it doesn't work"?

But it's worse than that. If you challenge their theoretical knowledge with practical experience, at best you are ignored, at worst you are fired for "being part of the problem." People with hands on knowledge are frequently seen as a threat to them by management who only have an MBA to hide behind. Please don't try and point out the absurdity of what is happening to management, you will not be thanked and may instead be marked for retribution for your temerity.

P.S. Of course I didn't mention that other addictive drug Managers dream about - total control and surveillance of all workplace activity. This is usually peddled by consultants who do wonderful presentations about how their systems allow you to "drill down" and see exactly who is doing what to whom and where and when during working hours. I call it keyboard voyeurism. They think it absolves them from the necessity of contacting lower forms of humanity to find out what they are actually doing. I'm amazed that you are not yet all issued a GPS suppository.