PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - William borrows a company Vehicle.....
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 19:51
Always a Sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko

I'd tend to agree with you, not exactly good press and to me really shows the lads thoughts towards his course mate's ... sort of f*** you, I got my badge now, dont need you any more and am going on the lash with me bruvver.... now where's the TAXI...

Oh and while we are on the subject... Harry, top marks to him for going on the two way range and all. My and I think a lot of other people's opinion of the lad went up tremendously and it really seemed to disappoint the lad when he had to be pulled out after the news broke, but it was probably the only sensible thing to do as he would have been a high value target.

However..... Did he really have to go straight out on the town and on holiday with the long time g/f Kate? .... with so much publicity? IMHO he would have been far better off either keeping his head down publicly for the rest of the tour or getting up and being counted on the home front as a Troop Comd supporting the troops from back here instead of seemingly switching into party mode at the first opportunity.

Ok he's a young lad and he'd been on ops and all (same as pretty much the rest of the Army now, with the Navy and Airforce rapidly catching up) but the thing is ..... His mates were still out there, dodging lead on the two way range etc.... and he's off partying... mmm, sorry but, he lost most of his brownie points with me after that....

Just my two pennyworth .... and no I'm not against the Boss and her family, far from it.... I just think some of the younger ones shouldn’t take the piss with the firms toys.....

ok, helmet on and awaiting the incoming......................