PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congo crash
Thread: Congo crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 18:24
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clarify things a bit and so prvent this accident from being a source of speculation based around 1st world practices and expectations.

Goma is a sh1thole
ALL i repeat ALL DRC operators are bogstandard africa. That is to say whatever safety you may take as standard in the first world is an emcumberance to these people and so ignored. Many Pilots of all races are complicit in these bush ops(or masqerading as airlines whilst still being a bush operation) during their career progression.Some are luckier than others.Alot are dead.Its a necessary evil in these parts of the world and nirvanna to an adventure minded chap. Lets be clear it is only luck that prevents this sort of thing being a daily occurrence. Sad fact of life or rather should I say death over there. Association with SN is an irrelevance. A a paper exercise in looking good and then back to the second sentence of this paragraph.
just to sum up Goma is a ****hole.
Hope this helps to keep it in perspective

Its the nature of the beast. It will alway be that way as long as there are crooked countries and experience hungry pilots.
This is not a tragic event but an inevitable one.

As for the let take off video. Horrifying with my airline hat on , but was once fairly routine in a previous life.Welcome to the bush.