PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots claim airliners forced to fly with low fuel
Old 17th Apr 2008, 16:35
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Norman Stanley Fletcher
To all those pax out there who think the Dispatchers are 'qualified' to decide fuel loads
Speaking as the humble PAX wot I am ... I did not suggest for a second that a dispatcher is qualified to decide fuel loads! I thought that I had questioned why two people (appearing to be pilots) were so horribly dismissive of someone (appearing to be) a US based dispatcher?

Certainly there has been some k@k journalism and that was discussed in PPRuNe when this subject first aired in February. The post by SeniorDespatcher was read by this PAX as an explanation of the process and the way in which they aim to place default numbers in the boxes so that the pilots have a starting number, based on historical data. Nothing more than that. Yet, pilots in the thread have taken this as a grave insult and challenge to their authority.

I realise that I am treading on toes but only because I wonder why pilots want to stamp on the toes of a dispatcher?