PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - William borrows a company Vehicle.....
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 16:21
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonicko:
They imply that the wearer has qualified and is competent, and there is an inference that they have some specific competences in formation and instrument flying, etc.
You shoot down your own argument with the words you use... "Imply" and "inference" indicate clearly to the reader that there is no guarantee of the competence/ies to which you refer which is absolutely accurate. That being the case, Wills is entirely entitled to his wings and the remainder post is therefore reduced to jealous whining.

It's people like you who, because they aren't benefiting from something decide it must be stopped despite how many others it may disaffect. Back when I was in we'd have applauded the lad for getting out and having a good time. Now, because of your, (and others), petty jealousy, someone will change the rules so that no-one can cadge a lift on a "training flight" and get dropped off somewhere convenient. These things are called "perks" and as you erode the perks you erode morale exponentially. In these times when morale is at a premium our servicemen and women need all the "bennies" they can get, because, god knows, they deserve them but you will still bitch, moan and complain about something that really you have no business complaining about and end up depriving them.

It's the way of society today... "Someone has something I don't so I'll complain and deprive them of it". When all is said and done no-one has anything "special" any more. You are a sad reflection of that society.