PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - William borrows a company Vehicle.....
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 16:18
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko does have a point, however.

In my 39 years of aircrew life, I had many an enjoyable weekend away as the result of a 'training sortie' - we called them rangers on the FJ fleet.

However, I had completed advanced flying training, was fully qualified on type, had completed an OCU and was operational on my squadron.

Having got his wings that afternoon, on one of the shortest pilot courses ever and without having done AFTS and a Chinook conversion course, HRH was NOT learning how to fly over the 'oggin! We ALL know that of course.

So please don't anyone try to pretend that it was something other than what it was - a training flight for the qualified crew that was arranged to take in a few ports of call that happened to suit the boys' itinerary for a weekend stag party on IoW! Nothing more, nothing less and nothing wrong with it either as the crew undoubtedly benefitted from the (allegedly) £15K that was spent completing it. Wills and his brother would have been no more than pax with the royal prerogative to have a seat up front for some of the time.

What's the hoohaa about? But Jacko does make a very good point - tell the truth and stop the spin!

Foldie