PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots claim airliners forced to fly with low fuel
Old 17th Apr 2008, 13:47
groundbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more worrying

in fact I was more worried by the first sentence of the first pilot report they quoted verbatim in the coloured box "with the fuel they gave me I had to declare min fuel"

it's the "they gave" bit. Surely a proper proud Captain, Lord and Master for all he/she is strapped to and flies would say "with the fuel I accepted" dah dah dah.

Small semantics maybe, but it would tell me that the captain that filed that report see's himself as a mere yoke twiddler who if he questions the big bad system gets a foot on his neck quick and bye bye next promotion, pension etc etc! That's scary, this submissive poor little me attitude!

Another mere semantic, but very important, was Captains dislike dispatchers asking "why do you want more fuel" but the dispatcher poster stated he asked this so he could understand the Captain's thought process better and learn from it so he could guide other crews later that day etc. So if the dispatcher said "to help me see things I might have missed could you help me understand why you want more fuel" then everybody is happy. Same words, more verbiage.

G