PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots claim airliners forced to fly with low fuel
Old 17th Apr 2008, 12:06
Landing Drinks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I had not read the US news article; just guessed at the prmary driver of this trivia...

I have read it now....... get this message loud and clear...

"Continental Airlines, for example, issued two bulletins last year expressing concern over the number of refueling stops that some flights were making en route to Newark, N.J., one of which observed that “adding fuel indiscriminately (for Mummy) without critical thinking ultimately reduces profit sharing and possibly pension funding.” "

I like the pension funding bit... Has BA and BALPA read this one..?
It will be BA on their own once letigation reduces BALPA to its knees..

The Pikey is employing the same tactics as before, so no great surpises in store for ANYONE here how it is panning out.

Poacher turned game keeper, he is ex PIC and after PIC T&C's everywhere.. "thinking of number one says his ex FR LHS PIC squeeze"

Get over it ~ it will happen!, as it has throughout all industries in the EU... you're next.

This piece says it all!!, if critical thinking needs to be highlighted (nee taught), then this aspect needs introducing at the selection stage and process for PIC's...
This should replace a healthy part of the "what's in it for me" part of the recruitment process ~ it is the main thread on this forum "WHO GIVES ME WHAT OR MORE"" recruiters should spin this around and ask "what's in it for us if we employ you PIC" Are you going to make my airline,
  • Safe
  • Viable
  • Profitable
  • Successful
Business awareness and acumen is certainly driven through Maintrol and SOCC centres... These places can and DO MAKE MONEY for the business.

If its all about remuneration..??
GET INTO HEDGE FUND MANAGEMENT...
I hear in two years you can over come the need to bid for your next roster or even worrying about buying and operating your own P51D.
Yahda Yahda

In terms of risk!!, Oh please... Lets not over glorify "who is in charge!" or has the final say... If that is the case; no wonder team spirit no longer prevails...

Without Engineers, accounts staff, cleaners, fuellers, security staff, loaders you could not do your job... !

I do not want to cover the departure of a long in the tooth PIC who got board chasing destn wx (expereince told him "vis' improving and it was going up") he departed with min fuel when his destn, alt AND departure were all clamped in low vis... Temperature inversion as the sun rose and GUESS WHAT.. Low vis became FOG........

ATC was holding all traffic 75mls north of Destn... PIC hit the ground 100mls North of destn and incurred diversion fees, coaching fees, delays and and and... Yeah yeah he finally got to Destn later in the day, WHITE as sheet as he signed off...

He only does a "few sectors" per day...let those who do MANY MANY more on many many types help make your expereince a pleasent one.......

Best let to it go in this instance... "I'm in charge" was desperate for friends after this one....

TOGETHER then WE ALL MIGHT MAKE MONEY... I only say MIGHT as we all know it is the financial institutions/climate that dictates if a carrier will be successful.

Greedy T&C's and expectations on the other had, will kill any company it prevails in...

Aviation is capital intensive, high risk and subject operating cost vagaries it has no control over...
Best of all it has "end users" who do not like paying top dollar to use it...

Put that way, its lose lose..!!

So its best if we keep the harmony and team working there... as it is the only way this fantastic industry will ever deliver the memories our retiring PIC now regale us with...

Landing Drinks... those (after all) were the days..........

Oppps GMT -6hrs and its waffles n eggs here today...