PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 04:29
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
This thread appears to be degenerating into a "management versus entrenched unions." thread. Frankly, passengers don't care which one of you it was that messed up T5. The outcome is the same no matter who is to blame.

Frankly, I blame management because I find the allegations of union demarcation mess ups and feather bedding extremely weak. For one reason and one reason alone. You have had five years to plan the composition of your T5 workforce, their tasks, duty statements, job rosters, rotations, work practices, new technology, training, the lot, and you have had five years to negotiate any demarcation issues and work practice issues relating to your T5 workforce with the associated unions.

To put it another way, by blaming unions you are opening yourself to a charge of incompetence as managers, for you had ample time to negotiate changes. I am, by the way, speaking from experience.

To put it another way, your idea that the T5 debacle involves "Union sabotage" is fanciful, and in any case you had five years to prevent it.

As for preceding comments about experienced managers criticisms being sidelined, I've seen it all before. I now know that the smart thing to do when your criticism is rejected is to sit back and watch the young managers fall flat on their backside, then either move in and take their jobs or wait for them to humbly ask for your assistance.