PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hours Fresh ATPL...any jobs out there?
Old 17th Apr 2008, 04:28
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HenC
Any idea what these charter jobs are like? Pay, flying locations etc
I have always got this impression that Oz is a place for "whites" where aviation is concerned.....it will be difficult for someone like me, who gets his ATPL frozen in Msia and then fly there?
You have to understand the political reason why Australia is siding "white". You see, the most notorious troublemaker are the Vietnamese in Australia. So, the Australian Government are aware and headache about these sickening "chinese" look-alike people.

You see, Vietnamese, Mainlander Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian Chinese, Singaporean Chinese, Thai Chinese, Indonesian-Chinese, Bruneiese, Hong-Kee, ABC, all look alike! The Australian Government can't even differentiate who are people. Because of this hidden policatical reason, Australia out a "close-door" barrier against the "non-white".

Many years ago (because the tsunami hit Indonesia), I met REX (the largest independent regional airline in Australia) Chairman, Mr. Lim Kim Hai. Mr. Lim offers his help in relief effort for the victims. Hm...a typical Singaporean spirit. This company needs pilots. Lots of stories...

You can try REX. However, you "die-die" still have to do licence conversion before they can consider you. That means, you have to come out with you own pocket money.