PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ ATPL hours requirements
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 03:33
h1tman47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NZ ATPL hours requirements

Hello all,

Been going through the NZ CAA rules and I'm having some trouble understanding some of these ATPL hours requirements.If anyone out there could help me clarify what the following rules actually mean,I would be very gratful.Here goes;

1) Part 61.31 (i) says
"A pilot may not credit flight time recorded as pilot-in-command under supervision (PIC/US) towards the flight time experience requirements for
an airline transport pilot licence."

Now is this PIC/US the same as what we log under the Command Practice column in the NZ CAA log book? So does that mean that we can only credit the co-pilot time towards the ATPL requirement?

2) At the same time NZ CAA Advisory Circular 61-7 (Rev 9), Appendix 1 says
(ii) 250 hours in aeroplanes consisting of 150 hours or more as pilot-in-command and additional command practice flight time as required;

NOTE: Command practice is time gained in accordance with rule 61.31(b). No more than 50 percent of the total command practice flight time may be used for paragraph ii) mentioned above.
Here its saying that we can use only half of the command practice time towards the PIC requirement.Does that mean we can only count half of the command practice time towards the total 1500 hours like we do with the co-pilot hours?

3) Part 61.31 (b) says that one of the requirements for logging command practice is
(6)the pilot-in-command designated to supervise the co-pilot has certified an appropriate entry in the co-pilot's logbook,or a permanent record of the flight has been made by the operator.
Does this mean that (if the Captain hasnt signed the entry) the company has to certify this. When they say permanent record,do we need to have this record on the log book or is just having it in the airline records enough?

The above 3 points have really been confusing me . So if there is anyone out there who can shed some light,I would be very grateful.Keep in mind that I can only log co-pilot and command practice in my current job. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
h1tman47