PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cadet School Woes
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 01:57
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Stoobing...
If you could see an injustice being done, and you feel that some poor naiive people are being lead up the garden path, would you try and warn others to stay away from a deception? or would you just sit back and watch others get taken advantage of ?
If you knew of a conman operating in your neighbourhood, would you say something to your neighbours? or just sit quietly by?
The same is true of aviation. there is a "brotherhood" whereby, to a certain extent, people tend to look out for others - be they professionals or otherwise. If I knew of an injustice taking place either in an airline, or in a flyingschool, or in a GA company, and feel that people would be better off avoiding the place, then I would make this info known.
Many businesses trade on "word of mouth". If the word of mouth is BAD, and the company loses business, then they MUST change their ways, or go out of business. Aviation is no different.
You speak of people 'at the coalface"... what do you think that many of the posters on here are ? MANAGEMENT????? certainly not. I am in no doubt that they troll these pages, and I know for certain that they have meetings with the pilot group, but, as KRUSTY has reiterated time and again, ALL THE
CONCERNS OF THE PILOT BODY ARE FALLING ON DEAF EARS.

I would pretty much bet a penny to a pound, that IF management would listen, and terms and conditions were improved, which in turn would lead to the diminishing of the exodus, and a more certain future for those "at the coalface", then the negativity on here would cease.

Telling management that they are taking the wrong path, is a bit of CRM. I would expect that management would take this on board, and at least consider what they are being told, much as a captain WOULD listen if the F/O voiced concerns over the direction of the flight! And let us not forget that these are the people who preach CRM, as well as using "the PILOT model".

It would appear that those in the upper echelons have not heeded their own advise.... they may have:
Pooled the facts - without advice from those at the coalface
Identified the problem - not all of it though.
Looked for a solution - maybe should have looked at two or three, as advised
Operated - the cadets school!
Take Stock - ???? I don't think so. The problem has NOT gone away.

time to go back to the top!!!!