PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cadet School Woes
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 01:22
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not / have never worked for REX, have no opinion.

Capt Stoobing,

You speak of fulfilling your dream to fly, blah blah blah, yet are critical of some on this web site, perhaps there is a different spin on this that you may not have considered:

Those that have made the sacrifice to persue aviation, have left their "other careers" many years ago and made the first step in a long journey, a step that you appear not to have taken, so i am not quite sure that you really have the right to judge.

To say the only way your dream can be realised is by a cadetship is complete tripe, this is embodied by your inability to take the first step, i would agree its perhaps the easiest path but certainly not the only path.

Lets assume you are an ambo officer, how much are you paid P/A, then compare that to an FO in a Cadetship, ouch !!!.

With your EMS job, you get paid well ?, the job is satisfying ?, and secure ? ( albeit the management go down a path you do not understand ).

Many people, who i think have made the right choice, either can not or choose not to commit themselves to being a Pilot, whether by lack of stones or a balanced assesment.

For some here, they feel they are not paid well, they love their job but see the axeman waiting in the distance and due to the axeman they do not see job security ( just my interpretation of what is being said ).

Passion without action is just hot air.