PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Overtime
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 00:57
Fenwicksgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah we gave that one away (700 hrs per year) a few years back old chum, that and our 5-4-3 and our.....oh that old chestnut!
As for fatigue rostering, i love the new terms, "fatigue management scheme" for eg. What about the "fatigue avoidance scheme", that is the one i am on. Problem is, as it is everywhere, the government bodies are bending over for the airlines, allowing this sort of thing to happen. We have the AFTLs which is a legal document that the company hides behind, "its legal"!
The buck stops with the pilot, if you are fatigued you MUST call in sick as you are not fit for duty!!! There are plenty of ways to report fatigue patterns, the problem is, people just dont bother (too tired). The AoA could only manage a 60% turn out for the questionair, something that would only take 5 min of your time and a great benefit to the union to see where we think they need to improve. How can we just sit back and expect the AoA to do everything for us when we cant even be bothered ourselves!!!!!!
I am on contract compliance and i manage my fatigue, it really isnt that hard!!!!