PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cadet School Woes
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 23:54
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Gidday "Gavin".

Your passion is admirable, but I'm afraid you have missed the point. The very fact that many on this forum have been in the industry for many years is exactly why the opinions they offer should be listened to.

I'll give you another scenerio. Once upon a time passionate young people strived for the coveted position of pilot, be it airline or otherwise. Finally, after years of hard work and sacrifice, they achieve their goal. Still ambitious and craving further personal developement, they sieze the opportunity to move into Check and Training, and some then move into management. Once in the hallowed halls of power they build their empire and give a return of service quite often commensurate with the elevated remuneration they now recieve. It becomes apparent however that the very reason they started in this game, (the love of flying) has now become just a memory. The time and dedication required for this new role consumes not only their working lives, but a great deal of their private lives as well. Political and idealogical dogma now give way to the pragmatic and open mind that they once posessed. Agendas, either of their own making or driven from further above now steer the drection of the company.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the people who are charged with the day to day operation of a once great organisation can see the threads unravelling. They can see no light from the ivory tower, and their opinions on how to effectively deal with the situation have fallen on deaf ears. The great machine of superior thinking is in full flight, and sadly the only thing that will arrest it's momentum will be the sudden stop at the base of the cliff. Think it can't happen? Think the people at the top truely have a grasp of the current crisis? Just have look at recent events in the financial sector.

So I guess my dear Captain, you are not the only one with passion. some have passion for doing the best job they can, others have passion for ambition and power. At any cost! You make the point that you are new to the industry. I sincerely wish you the greatest of luck. You also make the assumption that some of us are past our prime. Well I've got news for you. To ignore the collective experience of those here, and to dismiss it as simply sour grapes, is to fall into the same catagory as those to whom you are attempting to defend.

I's not about management bashing. It's about what will save REX. If you cannot see that, then you surely do have a long way to go.

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 17th Apr 2008 at 02:06.