PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 23:01
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't quite know what to make of your sentiments overall, BAM, because when I saw SeLFish's very telling observations from his Sunday working in T5, I instantly thought, yep, there's some old-stager / supervisor-level-little-Hitlers in there that are evidence of rotten tails wagging dogs. I don't think I even mean people as high as junior management, but I wouldn't be surprised if some have made it that far over the years.

Now if I am right, it is evidence of a lot of (not just some) poor management higher up too.

In all your different guises in this thread and the others, I do still think that once or twice you have done the aviation industry a service by keeping the threads afloat, but nevertheless I am assuming you might be one of the rotten tails I am talking about.

I am not sure it is a good defence for a rotten tail to say well it was my dog's management that made me feel the way I do, although I can sympathise to a large extent. But it can't go on. Are you part of the problem or part of the solution or have you abdicated but are still taking the salary and letting others not in your clique take the strain as it appears you are saying in your last post?

Trouble is, you see, BA is in such a mess right now as a result of so many transparently exasperated staff and customers that I am not sure anyone can fix it except teams of staff who can be trusted a little bit further than to organise their own tea breaks fairly and sensibly and to make sure their carpark manoeuvres are not an excuse just to slope off for 90 minutes, rather than create nice little tickles for their clique of mates.

I sincerely hope no BA Engineers (which was one title I believe you assumed on PPRuNe) are acting like that, because if an engineer sloped off or buggered around with what should largely be a self-organised self-disciplined day, then I wonder what else he couldn't give a FF about when no-one is holding his hand or has a ring through his nose and a rope on it to remind him who's in charge?

It's so bad, that there seem to be a lot of staff that I would not trust to be part of my aviation experience right now. From what I read about moral, and internal bitching, BA pilots arguing for goodness knows what via BALPA, all coupled with the overall T5 Project disaster-recovery pressures, I do not believe that all the necessary work can possibly be still being done to keep every aspect of this airline safe.

And I seriously wonder what the CAA are doing about it.

Or maybe there's plenty of slack in everyone's day to argue, slag off, slope off and play musical chairs with cars in the car park, as well as actual work?