PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small jet down in London
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 18:54
Phil77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace:
I think I would probably argue the same way myself if it would come "this close to home" like you said (like that term).

However, I think the benefit outway's the issues a (naturally) small affected minority has with questioning the pilots actions. Again, I do not intend to badmouth anybody, but if there is a chance he in fact did something horribly wrong (and that could even have been commonly thought in the SOP), then discussing it could rise the awareness of other pilots flying the same type (like me!).

Please don't take offense by me calling you a minority.
You might talked in the past with others about accidents too, when you or your friends were not involved? Did you honestly care at that point who's feelings might have been hurt? I know a public forum is a different story, but believe me, I do not intend to destroy somebody's reputation (not even postmortem) but we are not fail-safe and we will never be.
All I want to do is discuss the options openly without being punished for even considering that human factors might be involved.

Please understand my point of view...
I tend to concur with "his dudeness" that just because somebody mentioned it might have been p*** e****, the reputation of the pilot will not be hurt.