PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 16th Apr 2008, 16:02
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The picture that is emerging here is just one of balance....

At one end you have Nich Av who believes that the aviation job market is going to expand rapidly in the next 12 months (due to a range of reasons i.e. a growing number of private jets, Middle east, asia) and at the other WWW who thinks the UK is going into a huge recession and we are going back to a 2001 type job market.

Personally from where I sit the truth is in the middle but certainly closer to WWW than Nich Av.

Nich Av you clearly feel offended by what some people have said about your comments. Whilst I make no apology from my side for having a different view to you and thinking some of your comments are frankly miss-informed (oil price hasn't gone up in real terms??) I respect you have a right to your view even if it seem pretty fanciful sat where I am when 1,000s of people that were filling business class seats for the past 5 years are losing their jobs.

The real value in this thread seems to be it is keeping wanabees up to speed with how quickly the finance (where you get your loan from) and job markets are changing which have to be THE most important things for a wanabee.