PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining the RAF with a personality disorder?
Old 16th Apr 2008, 14:32
aircraftinfo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Joining the RAF with a personality disorder?

Sorry if someone has already made a similar thread, but I just want to ask anyone out there if you can join the RAF with a personality disorder.

I know there are some disorders/mental health issues which you cannot join the military, the last i know of you cannot join the RAF if you suffer from a form of obsessive compulsion or schizophrenia.

I suffer from Schizoid Personality Disorder (not Avoidant Personality Disorder or direct links to schizoidphrenia) and would like to consider joining the RAF... as a pilot or engineer.

I have been searching for some time on this issue and have nothing from it, I know I should be talking to a person from the armed forces career centre, but would like to know from independant people who can answer this issue.

I would also want to say that my actual disorder does not affect me doing a job, in fact the doctor who diagnosed me said i should be doing a meaningful job, preferably something that is relevant to what i know and like; in my case i love aircrafts, technology/engineering and especially flying.