PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flown (or fly) the Huey?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 14:06
Darkhorse30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kulttt
I am still looking for the report(s) concerning the the response to engine failure of the Huey. They must be in our store room, since our project was finished 4 years ago. I have been doing experimental test on Huey's for the last 11 years and I will not beep the rpm down to less than 6600 N2. The fuel savings is not worth it.

Laggie
Generally speaking, standard UH-1H will cost about $900/hour to operate based on last years fuel prices. This does not include crew costs or insurance. The insurance costs are highly variable because of the amounts and types of coverage. Most operators don't insure the hull. The lease price to customers runs $1500 to $2000 per hour depending on the type of use, insurance requirements, and current fuel prices. Count on fuel flow to be 70 - 85 US gallons/ hour depending on amount of hover time.

All
I am one of the lucky ones. Next week I go to Oklahoma to work with their Narcotics agents for rapel and stabo training, flying a UH-1H. Three periods in the summer I will be flying in support of their marijuana eradicatuion program. Should be about 80 hours.