PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/ATLAS/POLAR Connection?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 12:32
trashhauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think you have been grieved then go for it. There is no restriction on filing. Winning is another story.
I have a question since you are obviously an Atlas guy. You mentioned that not much was happening at Atlas. I am wondering if this is due to the loads being down or contracts drying up, whatever. Here we are experiencing a pretty good drop in business. I was wondering how it is in other parts of the world. I mentioned in earlier posts that I foresaw a serious shakeup and it looks to me like it is coming to fruitation, 4 airlines filing for bankruptcy, DL and NW merging, UA and CO looking at mergers, etc. With jet fuel running $3.15/gal in the states (I cannot imagine what it is overseas) and the jumbo, even the -400 uses a lot of fuel, that it must be affecting business. We are getting 777 freighters and I was noticing the interior cubic space. It is not much less than the -800 which should be coming on line in the near future. If the much touted savings in fuel is true (2 engines vs 4) I cannot wonder if the illustrious jumbo that I dearly loved is going become obsolete. I hope not but one does wonder.
I know that Atlas is an ACMI carrier, and willl the downturn in the world economy affect any new contracts? I have a lot of friends whom I would hate to see on the street. Maybe you could enlighten me.