PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 11:36
PartickThistleNil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armpit,

"It does beg the question that if you have spare time to 'volunteer' then perhaps you aren't working hard enough! or your position is over subscribed in the first place."
What an offensive statement. Whilst I agree that there shouldn't be a need for volunteers, the operation should be adequately staffed, many people are working in offices through the day and then volunteering to do late shifts and weekend shifts in the terminals.

Your statement is akin to me saying if you only fly for 900 hours a year you are not working hard enough. Don't make assumptions about other people's roles.

You are merely perpetuating the stereotypes and 'them and us attitudes' that exist within the company.

Not everyone who works at waterside works 9-5 four days a week. Many work 12 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week and more.

And for the record, I'm not management (the word is fast becoming an insult in its own right sadly).

And I used to work on the ramp, so I have been down there. And I drank a hell of a lot more tea and coffee when I worked down there than I have time to now.

Last edited by PartickThistleNil; 16th Apr 2008 at 12:37.