PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small jet down in London
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2008, 11:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>If its valid and professional "guesswork" I don't see a problem with it!?
So because there's nothing left, we all should shut up, mind our own business and (besides condolences) never discuss what might have led to the accident?
People who have known a person involved might not like the outcome or the discussion itself, which is understandeable, but maybe "they" should not take a personal offense (I stress: from a professional discussion).<

Phil

The problem with guesswork is that not only are there much greater implications ie insurance claims but there is the reputation of the pilot at stake who is no longer here to defend himself.

There have been a number of fatal crashes where the outcome of why has been inconclusive.

The investigators may only have radio transmissions and radar traces to go on and saying that the pilot may have done this or that without hard evidence has broader implications.

As pilots we need to know so that we can avoid a recurrence. I did not know Mike as a close friend but had flown with him and had flown the aircraft myself at a later date.

Hence it comes closer to home for me than most in this forum. I only hope the conclusion is some act of God like birds through both engines.

But I have a horrible feeling that this will be one of those inconclusive investigations which leaves us all with vivid imaginations as to what may have gone wrong.

Pace