PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a share in an aircraft
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2002, 16:41
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foggy,. .. .Buy the type most apropriate to the majority of your flying, ie if you spend all day pottering, don't get a twin/fancy single, but just rent when you need to.. .. .From what I now about you, your priority is to hours build. May I suggest that you get youself into a group that has as low an hourly rate as possible (carefull here), even if that is a two seater. 100 hours is goiung to be a lot less expensive in a 150 than in a turbo arrow, plus, you'll end up getting everywhere in half the time, after all, if you need numbers in the logbook, whats the rush. . .. .Avioid anything with turbos, wobbly props and retracts as each one of those will increase the cost significantly.. .. .Remember, most of all, enjoy.. .. .I'll get you up in our Cherokee in the near future. It's a 180 horse, so a true 4 seater (I have a family). We charge ourselves 50 a month (8 in the group) and 50 a tacho hour (gives about 1 hour 10-15 mins clock time). This is not the cheapest by any means, but suits my flying.. .. .HTH . .. .PS