PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a share in an aircraft
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2002, 15:59
foghorn
I say there boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low 'n' slow,. .. .Good question. Maybe my requirements are so mixed that I'm going to end up compromising on all fronts and paying thorugh the nose.. .. .I'll be a regular weekend flyer and am planning some touring during holidays, I expect that puts me in the 100-150 hrs per year bracket.. .. .I usually fly with friends or the girlfriend rather than solo, so some passenger carrying abilities are necessary, although as I said, the ability to go four-up come-what-may is not necessary. I'm not a small person (6'3" rugby type) which is a consideration.. .. .I would like to do some touring, but out-and-out touring capabilities are not necessary (or I'd be looking for a Turbo Arrow or similar).. .. .I have an IR to keep current hence the IFR capabilities.. .. .I prefer low-wing types.. .. .I'm actually thinking in the Warrior to Archer/Grumman Tiger area (or equivalents).. .. .Notwithstanding all of the above, I'd like to keep the running costs as low as possible. The cost of the share is less of a problem.. .. .Maybe I should buy cheap and occasionally hire big, as you say.. .. .cheers!. .foggy.