PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Why !
Thread: Why Why !
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2008, 22:11
Telegraph Road

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been Hacked... I've been reading the thread with interest. Totally sympathise. I flew professionally quite a while ago, was not a pilot but let the 'taxi drivers' (sorry guys) take me everywhere and had complete confidence in their ability. Several years ago I developed a fear of flying for no logical reason. Didn't like turbulence etc. Eventually rationalised things down to the pre-flight stuff at the airport and being enclosed in a cramped space for hours - I know just like sitting in the back of Wessex! Gradually got confidence back but one comment form a friend, professional pilot, stuck in my mind, if I was really doubtful about the safety of flying I wouldn't let my kids and wife go on scheduled flights on on their own.

try and split the flight up into different sections - give yourself a task for each bit - read 4 pages of a book, listen to 2 songs on a mp3, have something to eat or drink. Just a few examples, but work out your own.

There has been some good sensible advice posted here - take what you need from it and use it to suit you. Only you know what will work for you.

Good luck with your travels.