PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2008, 21:13
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capvermell, I think you are living in a make believe era of days gone by.

Five years ago you were right and I said so in BA surveys. Today I would quite seriously be more worried about a flight by BA than a flight by EZY or FR. Because I no longer know who is committed to excellence and who is not. I am no supporter of FR or the way they do things, but they do have an amazing reliability record, an amazingly cheap fare structure, and because they largely use small airports in Europe grateful for their business, the baggage handling (if you bother to use it on top of your gratis 10kg cabin allowance) always seems problem free apart from some mid-winter midnight bunfights coming back into BAA's Stansted on a bad weather day.

FR's cabin crew were wobbly for short periods over the last five years, but the current batch seem quite smart and committed. Not perfect, and you have to wonder about how effective some of the youngsters might be in an emergency when you see them receiving training mid-flight on such things as where the galley light switches are when its dark and they need to find something...yes I'll admit I watched that the other night...

EZY's cabin crew today are as almost as good as BA's five years ago. They are smart, authoritative and I believe I would trust them to command me on an emergency evacuation.

The problem with BA today is that it is has these past few weeks been skirting meltdown, worse than any of the other times we remember on WW's watch. Earlier I asked who is Operations Director now? Is this currently a properly regulated airline? WW himself seems to have assumed responsibility for all operations?? How can he do that and the CAA let him?

I see the man on tv and I don't think he can cope with all that he has now taken on, principally because I do not believe he can even get his hands around it. He is winging it and that worries me in an airline.