PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Fees - Value for Money ?.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2008, 19:12
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PilotDom
As I said, I was only the passenger, I had not been checked out to fly in the UK at the time, I did that 2 days later, so left all the planning to the PIC and offered to pay when we got there - neither had been before and he got the airport info from the AIP website which IIRC doesn't show landing fees so the planning was actually fine thank you, and why not go there ?. It's close to where we fly out of and is a reasonable distance to go when one only has the a/c for 4 hours.

What is the actual status with landing fee's for SEP's at Norwich ?. I was tempted to go the other day but saw on the airport website that the minimum invoice fee is £40 so ended up going to another field in East Anglia instead.

A and C
We did that 2 weeks ago with the ones from this months pilot, visited Beverley and Full Sutton. But it's a long time to wait when hour building until the next issue comes out to get more vouchers.

Also with club rules we can only visit licensed airfields which narrows it down a bit.

Coventry was very reasonable when we visited in the 152, although the price does seem to jump up a fair bit if one goes in a 172 and that has all the kit that Cambridge has yet is a lot cheaper. The guy who we paid the fee to said that a 172 and the new generation of VLJ's are in the same price band which seems a bit bonkers to me.