PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Position fixing from ATC during QXC - is it allowed?
Old 8th Mar 2002, 00:17
beammeupscottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyeinthesky. .. .I actually do agree with what you've said, with regards to using navigation aids to confirm where you are, (as opposed to hoping they'll help you if you're totally lost).. .. .In my case, perhaps I should explain a bit more: The first QXC that I did, I failed because I really DID get lost, and it was down to my own stupidity. When eventually back on track, (after a SEVERE infringement of controlled airspace), I followed that up by completely c*****g up the landing aerodrome circuit, (because I was so stressed out), mangling the landing, and completely infuriating the controllers. On that occasion, I EXPECTED to fail, and deserved to do so.. .. .On my second attempt, the weather, (although forecast good), closed in on me very quickly, and I had to return to base.. .. .The reason I ask the navaid / position fix question, is because I am petrified of accidentally infringing controlled airspace again. I am confident that I won't get lost, (know the route quite well), but a lot of it is extremely close to controlled airspace, and doesn't allow for too much deviation.. .. .In view of what I did the first time around, I don't think it will be looked on very favourably if I so much as put the nose of the aircraft into controlled airspace this time.. .. .On another note, I WOULD like to get through unscathed on the next go, because it is getting rather expensive!!. .. .Anyway, thanks to all for the comments.. .. .bmus