PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC validation
Thread: ATC validation
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2008, 13:53
simfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon, and anyone esle reading this in your situation...... The best advice I had was to igonore stats! It is not a simple "x percent of you will pass this course / position" etc etc, it is down to the individuals. If you work hard and have the mental capacity, you can pass each hurdle. The college can be intense at times, and emotional but it's how YOU deal with it that will matter! I have just finished aerodrome (i'm 29), and upon starting it in January I really thought that I was going to fall at this stage, then almost every 2 weeks when we had sim exams (how it felt anyway!!) I kept thinking "this is it" just waiting to see the big "u/s" box ticked (unsatisfactory!), but it never happened and I got through it. Pretty much everyone else on the course seemed to be the same! You can't even judge other people on their previous experiences, or how brainy they appear. So just get into college and do it! The same applies for validating. Stats mean nothing! At Heathrow the trainers are aiming for a 100% validation rate in the near future, and this is possible (hope for AJ7 yet... ). Remember, the college / units will change their training methods, and this may be for better, or for worse at times so stats again may not reflect what's happening. Anyway, go there, work hard, and enjoy!!!!