PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reminders to pilots using OMAA/AUH
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2008, 13:44
ATSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready for base turn...

When you're on lefthand downwind RWY 31 and passing abeam 3-4 NMs final requesting base turn, it can complicate your descend. The Minimum Radar Vectoring Altitude in that area is 2200ft until you're aprx. abeam 6-7 NMs (not sitting in front of the radar screen right now, so it is aprx. 6-7 NMs) before we can give you 2000ft and base leg 1500ft. If you request a visual approach then no problem and we'll clear you subject to traffic. Otherwise baseleg can be expected abeam 6-8 NMs for line-up on the LLZ at around GP intercept. If you're already at a low altitude I'll turn you without asking aiming for 6-7 NMs final, and sometimes I'll ask how many NMs you want or if you're ready for base.
QUESTION: If you're low (taken track NMs into account) are you happy if ATC turn you base for a line-up around 6-7 NMs without asking???

Haven't seen EY do a visual approach for a some time. Anything to do with Company regulations? New runway under construction?

PS. On another note, I'll emphasise this again: Please be fully ready for pushback when asking for it. Otherwise you'll be delaying other customers (your own airline included). Thanks