PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's Fly-In Season Again
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2001, 20:12
Whirlybird

Hiya LowNSlow,

The weekend in Paris was great!!!

A group of us left from Wolverhampton along with others from Gloucester, meeting up at Rochester, mainly bigger helis - not many people crazy enough to want to fly to Paris in an R22. Two of us flew alternate legs, and I got the flight across the channel with a low cloud base and haze - scary in a helicopter. We got lost on the Paris Heli-routes, which meant one of my more memorable radio calls: "Er...Molyneaux, we're not where I just told you we were. In fact...er...we don't really know where we are". All this while approaching the Arc de Triomphe at 1500 ft. We then had an "interesting" steep descent into Paris Heliport. Saturday we turned into typical tourists, and Sunday flew back by the same route, with a few other interesting adventures like our flight plans getting lost so we were stuck at Le Touquet for hours, and better weather, so Ian got an easy channel crossing (and I got to take the photos).

Right, can't tell you any more now; just back from a week's course at Bristol for the CPL(H) Techs, taking them on Tuesday, and I vowed this weekend would be all study and NO PPRUNING!! But I just wanted a teeny weeny look... No more till next week; I mean it (I think).

------------------
Whirly

To fly is human, to hover, divine.