PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's an AOPA member?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2002, 14:34
SteveR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Polar_stereographic on this. AOPA UK need to be much more 'in my face' about all the other faces that they're in, before I'll feel represented.. .. .Perhaps it's my perspective, (as a Rochester resident I feel very much like an endangered species), but it seems to me that as a group, aviators aren't making enough noise about airfield closures and we need a National voice to shout (not talk) for us. I'll help and support Action for Airfields as much as I can, and I'm on the commitee of the supporters club at Rochester, so my 100 quid is reserved for paying landing fees and buying bacon sarnies at as many threatened fields as possible.. .. .I'm also interested in Inland Waterways. The IWA is a true campaigning organisation which brought the system back from the brink in the 50's. When a canal was disused it frequently retained a right of way status, and often the main structures were left to moulder and as such were recoverable when the powers that be saw sense.. .. .West Malling, Ipswich, and all the others can NEVER, EVER, EVER be airfields again........ .. .Steve R