PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Why !
Thread: Why Why !
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 20:44
c2lass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have a fear, and I will be honest my fear is of crashing! I only fly for holidays, usually scheduled flights with BA (very limited where you can go from Aberdeen)

I do not show my fear to others, but inside I am falling apart. Every noise, every smell panics me. I do relax a little when the seatbelts sign go off as I always tell myself the Captain must be happy with everything!! The worse part for me is landing, I absolutely hate it. I also hate when the plane banks, I think it is going to tip over.

I have a great fascination for aeroplanes though and I LOVE Aircrash investigation ( I am even watching it now as I type this) I find it amazing how they can find out the cause of most crashes. I have the utmost admiration for you guys and girls that fly these planes, I really do. In fact I have the utmost admiration for anybody that works in the industry, air traffic controllers, engineers and technicians, ground staff etc.

I have flown more in these last 5 years than all my life but it doesn't get any easier for me. Also flew long haul for the first time last year on a 747 which I was extremely apprehensive about, however I was very pleasantly surprised as to how nice that flight was.

There is no way in the world you would get me up in a small plane or a helicopter so that will not allay my fears.

I am due to fly next weekend, BA to Heathrow then my first flight with Lufthansa to Munich. I can already feel the apprehension starting!!