PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 19:27
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TJ,

I was the fat c#nt in the Barbour and bush hat. Were you one of the two to my left? One of whom had a DPM wrap on the lens? Great shots - yours have a clarity that mine don't .. UV filter maybe or perhaps just a decent lens, or perhaps I'm just a spacker?!

I shall def be there on Wednesday. I'll do a recce of the Oakham end as well as the A1 end, but I'm inclined to think that 'our' end still offers the best potential. Approx 850 m behind where we were standing (a line from us, through the lamps and beyond), up the forward facing slope to the leading edge of the wood, would offer a staggering shot if she took off in that direction. You look ever slightly down on the airfield and her ascent would be far lazier and far more impactful as she climbed towards you. I shall recce that tomorrow too ("..if in doubt, recce out" ). This possibly, could be the last time Cottesmore sees one of her own off. I wonder if there will be a flypast?

Ex R,

No probs - thanks for your post. I am pleased that the web has bought it closer to them and I'm flattered and not upset. I did throw some money 558's way 2 years ago, but I'm not a paid up member of any club, so I won't be able to get in there. C'est la vie. All the best to the team, and despite the probs that occasionaly and very publically crop up with her, she did them all proud today. Fingers crossed for her future. Find out about the flypast would you and let us know? You are now officially, my snitch.

Al.