PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Apr 2008, 17:12
lissy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Interview

Just had an interview with RYR.

Sim ride - Take off from Belfast City, RWY 22 departure, climbing turn to anticipate interception of 175 radial from the airfield NDB. All in all, it felt like a real handful. My regret is not practising more with Flight Directors and getting a little more familiar with the layout of the -800 instruments as opposed to the -200 I practised on.

I would suggest you use the pre-brief they give you in the morning and REALLY try to armchair fly it with your sim partner before you go in. Think about exactly what you're expecting to see on each instrument, when things will happen, how fast they will happen.

HR interview/Tech interview - The two guys did this as one session. About 25 very quick-fire questions on tech stuff:

What is Mach Tuck?
Why advantages/disadvantages are there with swept wings?
What is radiation fog/advection fog? (pretty sure I mixed those up to be honest)
Why does a wing stall?
What happens to the centre of pressure in a stall?
If in a spin, what is best...a FWD/MID/AFT C of G?

Others on the same day were also presnted with a diagram WX chart and asked to decipher some of the symbols. All of us were pretty weak on that really.

The personnel side was fairly quick:

Why do you want to work for RYR?
What did you think of your flying school? (be ready to justify your answer)
Tell me about your current job?

Pretty straightforward really..

All in all, it was a very useful experience but you will feel like it all go by in a blur. I found that some extra sim practice beforehand at least gave me some warning. Don't even THINK of going along if you haven't done an hour or two in a 737 sim of some sort. (Unless you're a genius)

Best of luck to anyone else having a go.

Lissy