PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 14th Apr 2008, 16:03
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Ha ! real money based trainning.

WWW it s good to see that you have mentioned that it might be better to do a modular course over a longer period than get into mega loan situation.

It has long been my contention that the price diference between an integrated course and a modular one is a large price to pay for a bit of help finding a job at the end of the trainning.

Forget all the hype about requireing to be "selected" to get on an integrated course it is all about the trainning company getting your business.

I find myself in agreement with WWW (now thats a change!) about taking a little more time and working wile doing the course part time, this way you can pay as you go with cash that is yours not the banks and this way you might only have to get a loan for the a part of the course (such as the IR).

This is the way that I went about the fATPL, the morgage got paid I only went into a little debt (£7500 in todays money) and I even managed a small holiday during all this.
Of late there has been too much of a rush to spend someone elses money my training was based largley on sound finances and a lot of long hours doing two jobs to pay for it. At the time a few of the guys at the flying club had a bit of a snigger at my slow progress but when the late 80's slump hit I was the one who did not loose the house and car
May be my attitude is a bit old fashoned but 20 years on I enjoy debt free life.