PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Situational Awareness
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2002, 03:46
long final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all. One or two thoughts and quotes, though my main point was I didn't think it to be restricted airspace. . .. .Close by, we have have a number of glider sites, one of which with cables to 3000. Now, restricted or not, you/I, in my humble, stay out of the way - as aforementioned cable ( not to mention gliders themselves ) could spoil ones afternoon jolly - BUT, can I ask, how far would our gliding friends ( and I can see a whole load of flack inbound here ) consider their no-go zones to extend? . .. .I consider the areas noted for gliding, and do attempt to avoid, or at worst, overfly at least the cable reach, but on occasion I have been remonstrated with, over the gliding frequency, at distances of over 10nm from the warning area.. .. .Saab Boy's point is a very valid one, and one I back 100%, it is just sometimes I feel there is an attitude of this ( and all that we soar in ) airspace is dedicated ( restricted ) to us.. .. .Perhaps I am just being sensitive having had one or two run-ins. I would appreciate opinions, constructive ones hopefully, as I am not trying to put anyone down - honest.. .. .Regards. .LF