PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 14th Apr 2008, 12:10
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion!

A lot of opinions flying about on this thread with WWW at one end of the scale and Nic-Av at the other (and me somewere in the middle).

I would not take advice from my plumber on medical issues so why the hell should you take advice from any professional pilots (well WWW and me) on financial issues?

It is for you to make up your own minds about entering aviation, I have done the airline gone bust thing with a jet job in the morning and on the dole in the afternoon, but unlike some of my other pilots I did no sit about bleating on about "fighting for my job". I accepted the situation and with a positive attitude got employment to pay the bills and then went about finding another flying job.

I have had a great time aviation, undoubtedly I could have made more money in some other profession but it would not have been as much fun. For me the risks have paid off for you they may not.

However if you don't take the risks you will forever be one of life's spectators and die wishing you had done more with your time.

But all of this is just my opinion