PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA planning to relax CPL requirement for instructors
Old 14th Apr 2008, 11:21
Ch4rlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I don't know, I'm afraid, but you'd have to be a mug, like me, to pay for a CPL with these plans on the horizon.

I hope the powers that be have considered this and realise that the instructor shortage will probably get worse. Maybe only short term but it will still be long enough for a few clubs to go bust.
I will be taking my first lesson this coming weekend, this is great news for someone in my situation and i cannot see why there would be a sudden shortage of instructors due to this.

Whereas before, i was going to have to fund this myself and at the later stages apply for my Career Development Loan ((CDL) £8k at most). I can now use my CDL to fund my PPL, during which time i should be able to raise enough to fund the further hours needed and my FIC. Once i have passed my PPL, my CDL will then start to charge me interest and for me to begin paying it back. This would be rather useless if i had to then begin my CPL training.

Maybe getting slightly off-topic there.

Does anyone have any idea whether the Class 1 medical will be required in this situation - PPL with FI License?

My 1st post on these forums!