PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Fined for Reds Infringement
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 09:23
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goatface
Rather sad to see that Moggiee and Kiltie have such a lack of professionalism and arrogance, perhaps their real identities should be published so we know not to go anywhere near them should they go flying.
What on earth is that about? If calling the clowns who infringe air displays "goons" makes me unprofessional, then guilty as charged!

Goatface - it was not me or Kiltie who flew through the displays, but Captains of light aeroplanes, one of whom was an experienced instructor who should have known better. I'm not advocating the infringement of airshows and aerobatics displays - quite the reverse.

In the case of the original post, it was an experienced FI who was unprofessional enough not to check NOTAMS, trusting his student to do it for him. He has recognised his mistake and taken the punishment.

Last summer, whilst in my own back garden, I myself saw TWO separate infringements of the Cosford airshow by two different aeroplanes. In both cases the Reds had to break off their display, before abandoning it completely and clearing off.

As for abusing the Reds, well that was just friendly banter - just as they would "banter" me for being a truckie (transport pilot), I would banter them for being posers. I have quite a few mates who have been Reds, by the way. If you can't mix humour and professionalism then you're in the wrong "business".

DX Wombat -thanks for the kind words.