PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream 550 training CAE Dubai Q
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 08:32
DUAL RATED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was down there in February doing my GV recurrent. Got delayed by 2 days due to sim breaking down. It seems to breakdown when they do a roll change from 550 to V etc. Just beware of this and you maybe delayed due to these issues, im not the only one it has happend to.

Next year i will book a course with them that doesnt follow a roll change, so this doesnt happen to me again, very annoying when your freelance and time is money. This seems to be an computer engineering staff issue that needs sorting and the staff in the office have to clean up the mess when it goes wrong. Good bunch of people down there otherwise.

I paid $25000 which included hotel, pick up and drop off form airport plus to/from school every day, Flightsafety quoted $33000 just for the recurrent nothing else. Sim times are not at silly O'clock as well like you get in the US sometimes.

One of their examiners is a JAA licence holder not just designated (Swiss guy) so is very knowledgable of JAA issues. If you talk to them directly in Dubai, Daniel is the man to talk to with regards sales etc.

I would recommend them and use again. i have also been Savannah x2 Dallas x2 Dubai x2 Wilmington x1 all on GV/550

RH