PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who wants a Jetstar Command??
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 07:20
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
SO....

...How do all the enthusiastic & almost-ready Jetstar F/Os, who were led to believe they'd have a command really quickly, feel about their managers (& prospects) now that DECs will stall their career path indefinitely despite the 787 delays which could reasonably have been expected to ensure that all current F/Os will have enough type experience for command when the next big expansion comes.

And what of the 'interoperabilities' planned for Pacific Airlines (ie Jetstar Vietnam) as GD has been quoted in today's newspapers; perhaps more flying to the lowest bidders will be threatened again by the people who've loved the JPC's compliance so much. Or perhaps "your command slot is based in Ho Chi Minh if you want it." And I can hear the next management step already: "If those pilots all work to the same rules then why shouldn't they fly even more Jetstar-branded sectors within & through Oz?"

I'm sure I've heard that many Jetstar F/Os have updated their CX/QF/EK hold-file resumes. Anyone confirm? Anyway, all the best for the tough decisions ahead folks...