PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impact of new London Airport
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2002, 14:58
SteveR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt if those f**kwits in the LibDem and Labour parties on Medway Council would be hostile to such an idea. As you of course know, they want to shut EGTO to build a 'science park' and hope to use the rents raised to pay their enormous wages bill. (Actually, they'll fail miserably to attract the businesses, and be 'forced' to put up loads of houses instead).

They'll be overjoyed if there's any truth in this - they'll be able to tell us poor EGTO residents, and their constituents "We'll shut EGTO and you can all move to lovely new premises just at the bottom of the ridge".

There's little difference in the minds of the average (very, very average) Medway Labour / LibDem Councillor between a PA28 and an A320.

(I reckon any news out of Byers and his dept at the moment is smoke to try and deflect attention from the man himself).

. .You don't mention which paper, and I heard nowt on my radio this morning - if any PPRuNer hears anything else please share it with us on this thread. (Hopefully it'll just go away - with the planning inspectors' report so imminent, and already leaked, we don't want this muddying the water still further. We want the local plan to be modified to remove the closure of EGTO - in accordance with the planning inspector's wishes and 85% of local residents).

SteveR