PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2008, 22:29
adc3891

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dj - I emailed Daphne a few weeks back asking if I could get some feedback, more out of curiosity than anything else and she said we'd be getting some feedback at the meet & great/development day. I'm just intrigued to know how each stage went as I felt that I must've only scraped through S3. It would be nice to hear otherwise. I also get the impression that the meet & great/development day (I've heard it called both) would be an oppurtunity for CTC to explain to us how to get the most out of the course etc.

@kerosene - I wasn't as vocal first time around, think I was afraid of appearing overpowering. It didn't help that one of our group members didn't turn up so there were only 3 of us. It was little things that the assessors picked up on, unconscious things which I didn't realise I was doing. I looked down a lot (mainly because I was scan-reading the exercise) and said I'd give the others time checks even though I had my back to the clock. In the second exercise we had a box of KNex and had to make something 'practical' and I didn't have a great deal of input mainly due to being short of ideas. We made a gearbox and I made an axle which ultimately we didn't use. It was mainly little things which they failed me on.