PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 13th Apr 2008, 19:58
Mick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFZ90
You were going fine until your last paragraph because you were putting across your interpretation - in my view a misinterpretation - but your no doubt honestly held view. Thereafter you accused me of mendacity which I do not accept. My interpretation is not just my interpretation because not being an expert I checked the principle with two separate experts. They were the ones who confirmed that the system has to be ALARP to be safe, not that I and any reader who wants to cannot read it in the defence standards regulations which are very clear, although obviously not to you.

You have a view to which you are entitled. But your last paragraph is complete rubbish. As I said earlier, I very carefully and accurately laid out the point about ALARP in the article and yes I am comfortable that 99.9 per cent of our readers will believe that when Des Browne said the QinetiQ report had found the fuel system to be safe he was not giving an accurate picture. I am not going to accuse him of lying, and the article didn't do that either, because that would imply he knew it was inaccurate. But as the article did say, he certainly appears to have misled MPs.