Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2008, 17:58
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steviec9
I don't complain - it does what it says it on the tin
Welcome to the forum, Steviec9!
You are right, Ryanair does just that, they do have millions of customers who think alike and I do believe most are pretty satisfied. And doubtlessly, the cheaper flights in Europe are primarily the result of Ryanair's success story. Like you, I've been using FR (albeit from time to time only) and I also accepted their style myself, many others did.

The question, however, is a bit broader. Even MOL has already admitted that the market is softer nowadays, the demand is not so strong as it should be. Hence, it's either necessary to reduce the development plans, or one should make efforts to find an other solution. Just to win some new customers, to fill up the planes, to make the further expansion possible and rational. In my opinion it is achievable. However, merely by doing something else than just keeping prices very low. There are several ways to do it actually without a significant need to spend more money. The attidude change, does it cost that much? But you can win new passengers when you are more delicate, more friendly. Ryanair needs many new customers and indeed does not need the disappointed ones (don't make them!). And once again; flight offer diversification, better flying schedule (e.g. by creating the "triangle" patterns to make more day-trips avaliable), better research in route planning, and yes, carefully selected connecting flights (where until now some self-made connections were 99%:lly successful, it could become official, meaning more passengers for FR). And so on. A bit more friendly attitude, more creativity while preparing flights offers. That's it, that's no revolution at all. A fight to get more passengers, nothing more.